The T2 Minister of Religion Visa is for individuals who have been sponsored to perform a mainly pastoral leading role within a bona fide faith-based organisation or religious order in the UK.

The T2 Minister of Religion route can lead to settlement in the UK and the applicant can bring his / her family members as dependants.

If you wish to support the activities of a UK religious institution by conducting religious work such as working in a religious order or undertaking non-pastoral work for a religious order, for no more than 2 years, you may wish to consider the Temporary Work – Religious Worker Visa instead.

What are the requirements to apply for a Minister of Religion visa?

You must meet the following requirements to qualify for a Minister of Religion Visa (T2):

  • You are aged 18 or over;
  • You have an offer of a job as a minister of religion from an approved sponsor that holds a T2 Minister of Religion Visa sponsor licence (which requires a valid Certificate of Sponsorship for the role you wish to undertake);
  • You genuinely intend, and are able, to undertake the role for which you are being sponsored;
  • You satisfy an English language requirement;
  • You have personal savings to support yourself in the UK;
  • Your application does not fall for refusal under the general grounds for refusal;
  • You have provided a valid TB certificate if required.

You must also meet all the other eligibility requirements. Please contact us for an initial assessment to determine your eligibility, and to discuss the options.